Only 170 cm long, the HSD is shorter than a regular bike. It’s a breeze to handle in tight spaces and goes easily where other bikes won’t. The HSD flips up for convenient vertical parking. Despite its diminutive stature, the HSD is a mid-sized cargo bike with serious hauling capacity. With a maximum gross vehicle weight of 170 kg (374 lb) and an XL-sized rack, it’ll carry a week’s worth of groceries or camping equipment for the weekend. It even has a dedicated trailer hitch mount, so adding extra cargo is a cinch.
The Atlas H Rack is rated to 60 kg (132 lb) and compatible with many different child seat brands, including Thule Yepp and Bobike. An upcoming Passenger Kit will allow riders to continue carrying their kids as they grow older. The HSD resizes in seconds to fit riders from 150 to 195 cm (4’11” – 6’5″) so everybody in the family—from teens to grandparents—can enjoy the ride. The new Easy-Step frame design offers a comfortable upright riding position for riders tall or small, as well as easy mounts and dismounts. Paired with an adjustable stem and seatpost, a suspension fork, and balloon tires, the HSD delivers a smoother and more comfortable ride even on the meanest cobblestone roads.
The HSD gets its genes for strength and durability from the GSD. EFBE Prüftechnik GmbH, one of Europe’s leading bicycle test laboratories, has tested the HSD frame and fork to 170 kg (374 lb) according to their own rigorous Tri-Test standard and the upcoming EN Cargo Bike standards. In addition, the HSD is equipped with several safety features that make it ready for almost any situation: integrated front and rear lights, hydraulic disc brakes for all-weather stopping power, puncture-resistant tyres, and even reflective decals.
- Next-generation Bosch® Performance Line motor with Intuvia display
- 500 Wh battery for a range of up to 118 km (74 mi)
- Integrated automatic shifting
- Enviolo Sport 380 hub
- Custom Suntour suspension fork
- Cane Creek® Thudbuster ST suspension seatpost
- Magura® MT4 hydraulic disc brakes
- Gates Carbon Drive® CDX belt
- Abus® keyed-alike frame lock
- Fits riders from 150 to 195 cm (4’11” – 6’5”)
- Fits one Thule® Yepp Maxi, Yepp Nexxt Maxi, or Bobike® GO Maxi child seat—no adapters needed